Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Why men and women fail: explore two views


******



******


See "the last word" at blog's end

******
Saith the man:

"Wouldst that I could stay with thee...but alas, fair maid, 'tis time for moving on....

"Sometimes women make good friends -- as long as you take them with a grain of salt...

"For what they say is scarcely what they mean.

"Every town I ramble round, there are more pretty girls than one.

"Just one kiss, dear, and then I am gone..."






Now for another take on the same subject: an age old Scots Irish song which men and women have for centuries understood.


******





******

Come all ye fair and tender ladies.

Be careful how you court young men.


They're like a star on a summer's morning.

They'll first appear and then they're gone.


They'll tell you some loving story

They'll declare to you their love is true

Then they will go and court some other

And that's the love they have for you


Do you remember our days of courting

When your head lay upon my breast

You could make me believe
with falling of your arm

That the sun rose in the West


I wish I was a little sparrow,

And I had wings with which to fly

Right over to see my false true-lover,

And when he's talking I'd be nigh.


But I'm not a little sparrow,

I have no wings with which to fly

So I sit here in grief and sorrow,

To weep and pass my troubles by.


If I had known before I courted

that love was such a killing thing

I'd a-locked my heart in a box of golden

and fastened it up with a silver pin.



******





















******

Last Word: the Divorced Ian and Sylvia
("Of Love there is no end")




Last Word: Men and Women Together
(Read all about "High Noon")




Last Word: "Our Little Cabin Home on the Hill"
(Read about the late Senator Robert C. Byrd)